Monday, December 14, 2009

Update: 12/14/2009

Reminder: I do not make updates during weekends and holidays (I’m at home, and I usually give those days to my family).

I see the FB fan page still keeps on gathering users. With no endorsements, ads, campaigns, or any type of promotion, I’m getting shocked on the players’ interest on WKPH. Thank you guys, for even though we are having a hard time promoting this game to the Philippines (as you know, being a new player in the business, we face some difficult challenges). Rest assured that we shall also start massive campaigns for WKPH soon (marketing is not really a part of my job description, so I have no exact idea on what are their plans, and when will they start). As part of this, there are also huge possibilities for live events and I-café freeplays. We’ll push those live events to our marketing (but we have to think of the budget too), so maybe soon enough, you’ll see us having an event in your favorite malls or even crashing into your favorite I-cafés.

We might consider that our FB page only has above 100 members at the moment, but it’s a start. We could always start small, but end up getting more and more players. We don’t want to rush things, since even I know that not all things could grow big overnight. Small steps, that’s all we need for now. And since you guys were the ones who claimed that this game has a high potential of becoming a hit, we’ll try our best to make it happen. Who knows? You guys might soon end up playing with too much lag because of overpopulated servers! :lol:

2 comments:

  1. You might not be getting very many members on facebook because we already have a WonderKing here in the US.They are in closed beta,but they have been letting more poeple in every month.I am not very happy with the one here.They keep wiping the accounts.I am not sure how you can get 500 members,If most of them have settled playing The USA one.You might want to consider trying to go to Myspace and try it out there.You might have some better luck.If I have anymore ideas,I will be sure to throw them your way.Thanks for the update.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might have some problems regarding this one. The final note is that there will be an IP block implementation between WKNA and WKPH. The date is not exact but will probably start during WKPH's Open Beta. Starting that date PH players won't be able to play WKNA and NA players won't be able to play WKPH. This is a mutual agreement for both companies so we can't do anything about it. As for Myspace, we've given it some thought. The only problem is, PH players only focus on either Facebook or Friendster (which seems to be dead by now). As the company focuses, on PH players, we may not be able to actually get a lot of PH players in Myspace, so we stick on Facebook for now.

    ReplyDelete

...