Thursday, August 27, 2009

From the Tomes of Trag Oul: The Hunter

First Tome, Second Leaf

… Many of our heroes perished during the past encounters with the minions of the dark. Though most of them succeeded at first, many of them were consumed of corruption by the lord of darkness. Still, even death is at hand, many adventurers go at bay. I see them, young, inexperienced warriors boastful of their foolish attempts to destroy the evilness around us. Most of them do not even come back after a day of venturing. Some try to impress the females of our lands, most of them ended up begging for their lives in the hands of the devils. Some even venture just to salvage forgotten goods and riches outside of cities, selling goods for a high price amongst our citizens. People are still corrupted at heart, they are not even aware of the calamity that is around Esiore.

As I look at these dwellers go by, there was indeed one who proved me wrong. A human male, though young at age, but well built. His legs are suited for great agility, and are well suited for upcoming terrors. A hunter I presume, as he carries a wide bow, possibly able to reach huge distances with just one shot. Curiosity as I suspect, I followed this hero out in the woods. Extremely quiet, he dashes swiftly into darkness. Very agile indeed, as I see these woods very challenging with its twisted branches and elevated roots. At last I saw the hero enter a cave, stalking a minion of hell as like a lion stalks his prey. Reaching from his quiver he took one arrow, stretched his bow with total ease, and let go. A great flash appeared in the darkness of the cave, and I saw his arrow burning as it flew towards the monster. The fire did not burn the arrow, which then formed into something majestic. A bird of legend as what I believe, as its fiery wings flap towards its target. The flames went onto the monster, and unleashed a bright explosion. The demon dropped down dead, with flame marks on its chest and the arrow sticking through its back. My eyes turned into amazement as how this hunter faced of this creature. Which makes me wonder: “Is he the King?....”,



Images of what Trag Oul has seen during the whole venture following the Hunter:















No comments:

Post a Comment

...